A kid-friendly breakfast or special snack, these pancakes use ripe bananas and are drizzled with a salted caramel sauce that is truly addictive.
By Jehanne Ali
These mini pancakes are perfect for a breakfast, brunch, snack, or packed lunch occassion. They can easily be made by the little bakers too, with adult supervision of course. I have added some semi ripe banana slices on top of batter for sweetness, and a salted caramel sauce for drizzle on top, which is totally optional. Pancakes are one of the easiest baking projects that you can recruit your little ones to help with; as this recipe only involves a bowl and a whisk.
- 1¼ cup self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- a tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 semi ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 tbsp melted butter + 2 tbsp for greasing
- Optional: salted caramel sauce for drizzle
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar together.
- Whisk the egg lightly in a separate bowl and add the milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Once combined, add into the flour and mix well.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Grease the pan with some butter.
- Pour small amount of pancake batter and top with banana slices.
- Once the pancake is bubbly, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown and puffed.
- Enjoy them with a salted caramel sauce!