PARTNER POST: Let Pomì’s premium quality, Italian tomatoes bring the fresh and healthful taste of Italy to your cooking, no matter the cuisine or season.
This take on a classic Bloody Mary is made even better with a topping of insanely delicious bourbon-maple candied bacon, and a flavorful salty rim. A crowd pleaser at brunch and beyond.
When the lovely people at Pomi reached out to me about creating a cocktail recipe using their tomato juice, I was like OMG yes. And immediately thought of a bloody mary recipe to make, especially with game day season coming up and cozy brunches!
Also – Pomi has a $1 off coupon that you can use to purchase their tomato juice and/or other products if you’re interested! They also have canned tomatoes and marinara which I will be sharing a recipe with soon!
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons margarita salt or coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 2½ ounces Pomi tomato juice
- 1½ ounces vodka
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- a few dashes of hot sauce
- a dash of celery seed
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- celery stalks for garnish
- the bacon for garnish
- lemon wedges for garnish
- pickled jalapeños for garnish
- pepperoncinis for garnish
- pickles or anything pickled for garnish!
- Preheat oven to 375?. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Arrange the slices of bacon on the rack.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, bourbon, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture has reduced in volume and become more syrupy. Brush the bacon slices on both sides with the mixture, then bake for 10 minutes, brush one side again, bake for another 10 minutes, flip, brush the other side, and bake for another 10 minutes. Repeat this process until bacon is crispy and to your desired doneness - it should take about 30-35 minutes total depending on your oven and the thickness/fat content of your bacon. Watch super carefully, as it can burn very quickly!
- Combine the margarita salt, old bay, and celery seed on a small plate. Mix together with your fingers to combine.
- Moisten the edges of your glass with a lemon wedge and rim in the old bay salt. Fill your glass with crushed ice. Add the tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire, horseradish, hot sauce, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Stir vigorously to combine. Garnish with a celery stalk, the bourbon maple candied bacon, a lemon wedge, a pepperoncini, a few pickled jalapeños, and whatever other garnishes you desire! Serve!