This Ancho Chicken Wrap combines the seasons freshest produce with coriander, white pepper and ancho seasoned chicken thighs. Filled with creamy refried beans, bright avocado, fresh green onion, juicy tomato and smokey chicken, this Ancho Chicken Wrap is a full meal all its own.
By Carolyng Gomes
This Ancho Chicken Wrap combines the seasons freshest produce with coriander, white pepper and ancho seasoned chicken thighs. This wrap is a cinch to make. These beauties are perfect for lunch at home or a picnic on the go! You can also omit the chicken for a vegetarian treat (that’s what I did and it was A-mazing). There is nothing better than fresh ingredients. Sometimes recipes have so many spices and ingredients to help boost the flavor of the produce going in but when you have fresh, ripe ingredients all you need is a little salt and pepper baby!
Of course, the chicken was very well seasoned with fresh ground white pepper, coriander, ancho chile and a pinch of cayenne for some bite. Add some homemade baked fries, simple olive oil chips or a nice big pickle to this handheld meal or enjoy it all on its own – I sure did!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp white pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp ancho, ground
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 lb chicken thighs, thawed
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 tortillas, 6 inch
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, coriander, white pepper, ancho, cayenne, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika and chicken thighs. Toss chicken to coat and set aside.
- Preheat sauté pan to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken thighs onto sauté pan and cook for 7 minutes, until chicken is crisp and seared. Flip and cook for another 6-8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer cooked chicken to cutting board and allow to rest for a few minutes, until chicken is cool enough to handle.
- Chop chicken into ½ inch, bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Using one tortilla at a time, spread ¼ cup of refried beans on tortilla up through a ½ inch from the edge.
- Quarter avocado and remove pit and skin. Slice each quarter into thirds, then rough chop. Set aside.
- Top with ¼ of chopped chicken, ¼ chopped avocado, ¼ cup sliced tomatoes and 2 tbsp green onion.
- Fold left and right sides in ? of the way, then take the bottom (side closest to your body) and roll up.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.