The “Dirty Banana” is a popular frozen cocktail in Jamaica, and now today at your nearest pool party.
By Alisha Randell
This cocktail has many varieties as well as methods of preparation. Typically you will find this drink containing crème de bananes,crème de cacao, coffee liqueur, dark rum and vanilla ice cream.
We are going to do our version here today just slightly differently. Just a bit less sweet with fresh ripe bananas and fresh brewed coffee.
Our version will be blended and served in a chilled pitcher, but you can divide the ingredients and make per cocktail utilizing a shaker if you prefer.
- 1 large banana
- 4 oz ( 120 ml) strong brewed coffee, chilled
- 4 oz ( 120 ml) chocolate liqueur
- 4 oz (120 ml) dark rum
- 2 oz (60 ml) cream
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup (120 ml) ice, crushed
- Add ice to blender and pulse until crushed.
- Add remaining ingredients except ice cream, blend well.
- Add ice cream blending until fully incorporated.
- Place in chilled pitcher or cocktail glasses.
Alisha Randell is a former Executive Chef turned Private Chef and Culinary Instructor. She is the Co-Creator/Author of The Ardent Epicure blog “An Ode to the Pleasures of Food”. Growing up with a dad as a culinary guide, whom was as well an executive chef, food and seeing food as an art form has been a lifelong passion and exploration.