Brady Evans with a breakfast dish that gives you all the meat, eggs, and bread you need in one small cup.
By Brady Evans
Preparing breakfast for overnight guests is always tricky for me. There’s always the crowd pleasing pancakes and waffles, but of course that leaves me stuck in the kitchen.
And then there’s the issue of battling guilt laden, calorie heavy breakfasts with my natural tendencies towards lighter fare. These little gems, however, kind of swing both ways. Guests can take as many as they want to fill their appetite. If they want just one, however, they’re only obligated to half a piece of whole wheat bread, 1 egg, and half a piece of bacon. Not so bad.
And the cuteness factor was hard to beat! Next time I think I’ll add shredded cheese to the mix.
- 12 eggs
- 12 pieces of whole wheat sandwich bread
- 6 strips of bacon
- cooking spray
- Using a 3" (7.5 cm) biscuit cutter, cut the center out of each piece of bread.
- In a microwave, cook bacon 3 minutes. The bacon will be partially cooked.
- With kitchen shears, cut the bacon in half lengthwise.
- Prepare a 12 tin muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Place a bread round in the bottom on each muffin tin.
- Line the side of the cup with a strip of bacon.
- Bake at 350 F (175 C) for tin minutes.
- Crack an egg into each muffin tin and return to over to bake for 7-10 minutes more or until set.
Brady Evans is a cook who specializes in stretching cooking boundaries towards a more healthy lifestyle. She loves making recipes with unexpected ingredients and share her passion for cooking through her very successful and mostly-vegetarian blog, Branny Boils Over.