Grilled Zucchini with fresh lemony flavor. Perfect as a side dish and very fast and easy to make.
By Maya Moscovich
Ever since I discovered the wonders of grilling, it seems to always be my go-to solution on a hot summer day, or just a sunny one. It is amazingly fast and easy to prepare something using the BBQ. All you need to do is slice it, spice it and grill it, and that’s exactly what I did with the zucchinis I had at home. I’m a fan of light meals and therefore this Grilled Lemon Zucchini was the perfect dish.
After mixing up the marinade (which took about 2 minutes), you slice the Zucchini and pour the marinade on it.
While you light up the BBQ the Zucchini absorbs the flavors.
And now all you need to do is simply place it on the BBQ wire rack and wait a couple of minutes.
It’s as easy as that.
- 3 Medium Sized Zucchinis (you can use large ones too)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ lemon – squeezed (you need the juice)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
- Optional – 1 tsp Chopped Dill
- Slice the Zucchinis length wise. Every slice needs to be about ½ cm (1/3 inch) thick.
- Prepare the marinade: Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the sliced zucchinis and brush if needed until fully coated.
- Place marinated zucchinis over a preheated BBQ wire rack; Heat over medium heat, covered, for about 4 minutes on each side.
Being born and raised in Israel, Mayas nutrition always consisted of food that’s spiced well, light on the stomach and includes a lot of vegetables, fruits and olive oil. Now residing in Halifax, Nova Scotia, she is on a quest to reconnect with the food traditions of her home country.