Welcome to the world of oven-roasted sweet potato hash, where flavor and convenience meet in a delicious and satisfying meal that’s perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Imagine tender chunks of sweet potatoes and spicy chorizo, all kissed by the gentle heat of the oven and kissed with a hint of smokey paprika. And just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, we top it off with a couple of sunny-side up eggs, allowing the yolks to ooze and mingle with the hash in a dance of culinary delight.
But let’s not forget about the health benefits of this amazing dish. Sweet potatoes are not only tasty, but they’re also packed with nutrients like fiber, antioxidants, manganese, and vitamins A and C. And with their naturally low calorie and low glycemic index, you can indulge guilt-free. Plus, this recipe is gluten-free and paleo-friendly, making it a great choice for those with dietary restrictions.
So why wait? Preheat your oven and get ready to experience the magic of sweet potato hash. And don’t be afraid to invite a few friends over to share in the fun – this recipe can easily be scaled up to feed a crowd. Just imagine, sipping on a refreshing bloody Mary while the aroma of roasting sweet potatoes and chorizo fills the air. It’s the ultimate in relaxation and enjoyment.
Baked Chorizo and Sweet Potato Brunch Hash
Imagine tender chunks of sweet potatoes and spicy chorizo, all kissed by the gentle heat of the oven and kissed with a hint of smokey paprika. And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, we top it off with a couple of sunny-side up eggs, allowing the yolks to ooze and mingle with the hash in a dance of culinary delight.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Main Course
- Cuisine: American, Mexican Inspired
- 3 oz Spanish chorizo, diced
- 1 medium onion, any color, diced
- 3 medium sweetpotatoes, diced
- 1 heaping teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425° F degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment.
- Combine chorizo, onion, and sweetpotatoes with 1 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste, and olive oil. Toss to coat, then spread out into an even layer on the pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Stir, then bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- Carefully crack the eggs over the hash, being sure to leave a bit of room around each one. Season each with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Bake until the whites are set but the yolks still runny, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve immediately.
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, eggs, hash, potatoes, sweet potatoes
This chorizo looks so góod on pictures, that I could eat it right now.
These are my flavors. Looks very delicious and tasty.