A great dish for anyone who have a busy lifestyle, you can cook it over the weekend, then refrigerate and consume within 2 days.
By Anamika Sharma
A quick & easy Paneer recipe (Indian Cottage Cheese). Paneer is something that is used on a very regular basis in Indian homes in some form or the other, I love the way it blends with any other ingredient and makes the entire dish so rich. I generally make paneer burji at home, one – because it is too easy and quick to make and two – I can wrap it to the chapatis and give it to my kids without any fuss, it’s to handy to eat for them. I also make Paneer Butter Masala that is loved at home a lot.
A great dish for anyone who have a busy lifestyle, you can cook it over the weekend, then refrigerate and consume within 2 days. It wont loose its texture and taste. Heat it in the microwave and wrap in ready-made chapatis or make a bread sandwich.
- - Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 250 grams
- - Tomato’s (Chopped) – 2 medium size
- - Onions (Chopped) – 1 large size
- - Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon
- - Coriander (Finely Chopped) – 1 tablespoon
- - Turmeric Powder - ¼ teaspoon
- - Red Chilli Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- - Garam Masala – ¼ teaspoon
- - Dry Coriander Powder – ½ teaspoon
- - Salt to taste
- - Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Take a kadai, heat oil and add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Then add in chopped onions, sauté for 3 – 4 minutes on medium to low flame till light brown.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and stir, let it cook for few minutes till tomatoes go soft.
- Add in turmeric powder and stir, now add other dry masalas to it.
- Now add in the paneer cubes and mix well, let it cook on low flame for few minutes.
- Top it with chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame and cover the kadai with lid.
- Let the paneer rest in the masala for 5 minutes.
- Now serve this with hot chapatis or parathas.