These easy garlic and tomato mussels can be made in minutes to be a fun appetizer or deliciously light seafood dinner.
This recipe for Mussels with Garlic and Tomatoes is a light, healthy, and succulent-delish.
It can be a fun summer appetizers served with a crusty bread or a simple dinner.
Perfect for getting back on track.
- 20-25 large fresh mussels, cleaned and towel-tried
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices
- ½ cup good quality dry white wine (use one you'd like to drink)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil or parsley, for garnish
- Be sure mussels are de-bearded, cleaned, and towel-dried to remove as much excess water as possible. Set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add onion and stir/cook until soft. Add garlic and stir 1 minute, until fragrant. Add can of tomatoes with juices and wine, stirring well to combine and heat through, 1-2 min. Add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add mussels in a single layer in pan, cover with lid, and lower heat to simmer. Simmer just until all mussels are opened. Remove from heat and discard any mussels that haven't opened.
- Serve warm, with chopped herb of your choice for garnish.