These easy garlic and tomato mussels can be made in minutes to be a fun appetizer or deliciously light seafood dinner.
This recipe for Mussels with Garlic and Tomatoes is a light, healthy, and succulent-delish.
It can be a fun summer appetizers served with a crusty bread or a simple dinner.
Perfect for getting back on track.
- 20-25 large fresh mussels cleaned and towel-tried
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can 14.5 oz fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices
- ½ cup good quality dry white wine use one you'd like to drink
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil or parsley for garnish
- Be sure mussels are de-bearded, cleaned, and towel-dried to remove as much excess water as possible. Set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add onion and stir/cook until soft. Add garlic and stir 1 minute, until fragrant. Add can of tomatoes with juices and wine, stirring well to combine and heat through, 1-2 min. Add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add mussels in a single layer in pan, cover with lid, and lower heat to simmer. Simmer just until all mussels are opened. Remove from heat and discard any mussels that haven't opened.
- Serve warm, with chopped herb of your choice for garnish.
Welcome to our kitchen! Here is the place where you'll find an ever-growing collection of all things yum. We're an active, hyper-busy family of six (including Miss Dog) -- we get how hard it is to put delicious 'n healthy food on the table every night! We do the recipe testing so your family will love what you dish up, and your friends will be begging for your recipes. Come on over and let's get cooking!