Throw your apple cider in the freezer, then blend it up with bitters, brandy and more. The perfect cider slushee cocktail for the warmer autumn days or to refresh the tastebuds after heavy comfort food.
Definitely time for another cocktail recipe on the blog. In the spirit of autumn, we’re going all in with apples for October’s seasonal menu. This cocktail uses apple cider as well as apple brandy and it is ridiculously simple to make. Unlike so many other frozen blended drinks, this recipe is SMOOTH. It’s the perfect ‘slush’ thanks to frozen apple cider instead of regular ice cubes. The flavor is also nice and concentrated instead of watered down. We’ve made this several times over the past few weeks….it’s that good. And for those of you who have hot Octobers: here you go. No sweaters or vests for you, but please enjoy frozen apple cider cocktails (especially during trick-or-treat duty).
Spiked Apple Cider SlusheeCarlene Thomas
- 2 cups apple cider frozen in ice cube tray
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup apple brandy eg. Apple Jack or Calvados
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black walnut bitters
- optional: fresh grated ginger
- garnish: apple slices and cinnamon sticks
- Freeze 2 cups of apple cider in ice cube trays. Freeze several hours until solid.
- Empty into a blender. Add lemon juice, apple brandy, salt and walnut bitters. Blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses and garnish with sliced apple and cinnamon stick.
Healthy, curated living from a dietitian nutritionist and recipe developer.