Throw your apple cider in the freezer, then blend it up with bitters, brandy and more. The perfect cider slushee cocktail for the warmer autumn days or to refresh the tastebuds after heavy comfort food.
- 2 cups apple cider (frozen in ice cube tray)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup apple brandy (eg. Apple Jack or Calvados)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black walnut bitters
- optional: fresh grated ginger
- garnish: apple slices and cinnamon sticks
- Freeze 2 cups of apple cider in ice cube trays. Freeze several hours until solid.
- Empty into a blender. Add lemon juice, apple brandy, salt and walnut bitters. Blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses and garnish with sliced apple and cinnamon stick.
- Category: Cocktail