Easy salsa chicken wings that let you adjust the heat to you taste. A perfect finger-food for football games.
We can never have enough finger-lickin’ chicken wing recipes, especially during football season. This delicious combo uses just four ingredients, so when you know you’re going to be feeding a crowd, toss the chicken with everything the night before and you’re set. What makes these wings to easy? Using salsa. Salsa and cumin make the chicken super flavorful, but with ease. This recipe uses Rojo’s Homestyle Salsa. It’s the perfect combo of crushed and chunky tomatoes to coat the wings and leave some pieces on the chicken for big bursts of flavor. Use mild, medium, or hot salsa to adjust your level of spice for the wings.
Did you know Rojo’s is actually a family’s secret salsa recipe? In 1965 the family moved to the US and brought the recipes with them. Their delicious salsa reputation spread around Los Angeles until they began making it in large batches to sell.
Spicy Salsa Chicken WingsRojo's
- 1 2-lb. pkg. chicken wings
- 1 15-oz. Rojo’s Homestyle Fresh Cut Salsa – Hot
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup nopalitos drained and rinsed (optional)
- In large zip-top bag, combine chicken wings, Rojo’s Homestyle Fresh Cut Salsa – Hot and cumin. Close and seal then refrigerate for 2 – 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil and spray with pan spray.
- Pour chicken mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly into one layer. Sprinkle nopalitos over chicken and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Turn wings over and bake an additional 20 minutes.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.