A light and airy whipped feta dip with za’atar. This tasty dip is perfect for parties or to use as a spread in wraps, sandwiches, and more.
I actually never had whipped feta before I made this, but everyone I spoke to about it raved about how amazing it was. They. Were. Right.
Whipped feta is this dreamy, creamy, airy, and so tangy. It’s a life changer.
You can eat it as a dip – it is especially amazing with tomatoes when they are in season. Or as a spread in wraps or sandwiches or toasts. Basically, you can – and will want to – put it in everything.
And it’s so easy. All you do it put some feta (only use the kind in the brine, not the crumbled variety) and extra virgin olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Add in any kind of flavoring you want. cayenne, garlic, onion, herbs, spices, sundried tomatoes, roasted peppers. An-y-thing!
So go forth and whip it. Whip it good. (and no, I won’t apologize for the Devo reference).
- 1 lbs feta (see notes)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more if needed and more for topping
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons za'atar, plus more for topping
- In a food processor add the feta, oil, lemon juice, cayenne, pepper, and za'atar.
- Pulse until creamy. Drizzle in more extra virgin olive oil if needed to get the consistency you want.
- Place in a bowl and top with more extra virgin olive oil and za'atar.
- Store in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Use feta that was stored in brine. Rinse the feta and gently pat dry before using. Do not use crumbled feta.