A subtle pineapple cake with beautiful aromas. Visually beautiful and perfect for soaking up ice cream.
By Veronica Lavenia
Photos by G. Giustolisi
Particularly rich in minerals and vitamins A, B and C, pineapple is perfect for soft, fresh and light cakes with an unmistakable exotic bouquet.
This simple rustic cake, made with unrefined ingredients and sweetened with malt, is ideal for a snack break, perfect for the soak, it is also delicious served with ice cream.
- 125 g (4 ½oz) high quality plain yogurt
- 2 large organic free range eggs
- 125 ml (4 ½fl oz) cold pressed sunflower oil
- 125 ml (4 ½ fl oz) malt syrup
- 250 g (9 oz) brown rice flour
- 15 g (½oz) organic baking powder
- slices of fresh pineapple to taste (the number of slices depends on the size of the mold. You can start from a minimum of 4)
- raw local honey to taste
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350°F/Gas 4).
- In a bowl, pour the yogurt, eggs, oil, malt, flour, baking powder and stir to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Pour over the dough and cover with the slices of pineapple.
- Bake the cake for about 30 minutes.
- Once it has cooled, brush the surface of the cake with honey