This spicy and tangy prawns masala curry is a delight for every seafood lover.
By Anita Mokashi
- 1 lb prawns
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomatoe chopped
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 4-5 kokum
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- Clean prawns, remove the shell and marinate with salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, 1tbs ginger-garlic paste for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and sauté it. Add curry leaves, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and fry until golden brown.
- Add all the powder masalas, salt and tomatoes and cook till the oil start leaving the edges. Now add kokum.
- Add the marinated prawns, mix well and cook for 4-5 mins with lid on.
- Add the water, mix everything and cook with lid on until gravy becomes very thick and oil comes on top.
- Serve with chapatti or rice.
Anita Mokashi is based in California, but born and brought up in Mumbai, India. Her blog Crave Cook Click is mostly about Indian cooking, but occasionally she shares recipes from other cultures and cuisines too. Anita is also the publisher of a popular photography blog.