Thankfully, this ice cream requires no special churning so make it now! Similar to a rich peanut butter pie, the cool dessert is loaded with crushed chocolate cookie crust pieces.
Raise your hand if you like peanut butter pie! I can’t see your hand, but I’m pretty sure it’s up. Peanut butter pie is a classic with it’s rich peanut butter cheesecake-like filling and Oreo cookie crust. The good news is that this No-Churn Peanut Butter Pie Ice Cream gives you all of the classic flavors of the pie in a frozen treat!
Lately, I’ve had a huge hankering for peanut butter pie.
This idea was inspired by my No Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream which is a favorite here.
If you’ve ever had peanut butter pie, you know it’s rich, and I’m here to tell you that this ice cream is no different. I realize I always tell you that I’m not a fan of rich food, and while that’s true, sometimes it’s worth it to indulge big time. A little goes a long way, too! While it’s rich, this ice cream isn’t super sweet, and it’s very peanut buttery. You get the full peanut butter pie experience, and that’s exactly what I was shooting for here.
- 8 ounces ⅓ less fat neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- (1) 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups crushed Oreos (I used mini), plus mini Oreos for garnish
- Place the softened cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat at medium speed until smooth. Add the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk, and beat until incorporated. The mixture will be thick.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream just until stiff peaks form, being careful not to over-whip. Fold into the peanut butter mixture as gently as possible until combined.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into the bottom of a standard loaf pan, followed by half of the crushed Oreos. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and Oreos. Cover the mixture tightly with plastic wrap and cover with foil and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours. Remove from the freezer for 10-15 minutes before serving time as it will be very hard to scoop unless it's softened. Serve with mini Oreos if desired, and enjoy!