Enjoy and make sure to have a nice bread baguette to cut into pieces for dipping. These go great with a nice glass of Pinot Grigio or a cold beer.
By Roberta Pipito
if you’re looking for something easy and fun to prepare, why not have some mussels on the table for guests to pick on.
- 1 to 2 lbs of Mussels (they usually come in bags if purchased at the supermarket)
- 1½ of White Wine (the alcohol will cook off, or you can purchase the cooking wine)
- 3 to 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Salt and Black Peppercorn, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup of Parsley, Chopped
- ½ teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes (optional for spice)
- In a large pot on medium to high heat add olive oil. Place mussels in pot, stir, add garlic and stir again. Then pour White wine and cover for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add chopped parsley. Stir and cook for another 4 minutes or so. You will notice that the mussels will open and the meat inside will turn a little orange or tan. Place in a large bowl and cut baguette into slices and serve along with mussels. Garnish mussels with more parsley if desired.
Roberta Pipito is a chef, food blogger and wine and beer aficionado. Her work continues to expand in the foodie world, and can be seen on www.homemadedelish.com.