There is a way to both enjoy smoothies and explore the world of cranberries, outside the canned cranberry jelly at the same time. This recipe is a nod to Thanksgiving, fall, and nutrition all in one.
Cranberries are a beauty booster food in many ways but my favorite qualities are their abundance of antioxidants, vitamin C levels, and of course, I can’t leave out the culinary glory of cranberries. In their true berry form, they are a bright and tart contrast to the heavy foods of fall. Try this out and see how well cranberries can stand on their own.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ? 1stalk celery
- ? 1sweet apple variety, medium size, skinned
- ? 3in of medium-sized cucumber, skinned
- ??1 tbsp honey of choice
- ? ¼ cup water or several ice cubes
- Peel the apple and cucumber.
- Add cranberries, celery, apple, and cucumber to the blender.
- Blend on low and increase to high.
- Add water to make it easier to blend or add ice cubes to chill if using fresh cranberries.
- Add honey and blend until smooth.
- If you feel the smoothie needs to be loosened a bit more, due to a drier apple or cucumber, add more water.