This is the perfect sweet breakfast bar, with tea and museli baked right into it.
By Jessica Dady
- 4oz muesli
- 120ml strong tea
- 2 med eggs
- 6oz caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 6oz plain flour
- In a large mixing bowl pour in the muesli. Make a cup of tea using 120ml water (don't add any milk if you use normal tea)
- Leave to cool for 20-30mins and then pour into the bowl with the muesli. Leave to soak for 2-3hrs until soft.
- Preheat oven 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 and line a square/rectangular cake run with grease proof paper.
- There should still be some liquid in the muesli mix, if not add some more to make it back up to approximately 120ml.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon (fold in the flour)
- Once combined pour into the cake tin and bake for 15-20mins until golden.
- Leave on the side and cool. Pop out of the tin onto a wire wrack and leave to cool further. Cut into slices and serve!
Jessica, blogger at bakemeeatme, has always loved a spot of baking and began creating, writing and photographing her own recipes in 2011. She loves experimenting with different flavour combos, trying out latest trends and is always looking out for new inspiration. Jessica resides in London where she has bagged her dream career writing about food.