This avocado blueberry chicken salad is packed full with healthy fats, veggies, and greens.
It’s been a while since my last salad post so I had to make another. And this one is so simple to make. If you have leftover chicken, this is a great recipe to use it in. To make this deliciousness, you’ll need mixed greens, red cabbage, avocado, blueberries, and cooked chicken. The dressing is coming here in a moment.
In a medium to large bowl mix together greens, diced avocado, blueberries and chicken. You can easily make chicken to add to the salad if you don’t already have some cooked. Take a half to 1 pound of chicken and tenderize it using a meat tenderizing tool. If it’s a thicker piece of chicken, be sure to thinly slice it so it cooks faster. Then season it with italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Sear it in a pan until fully cooked and allow to cool. Shred and add into salad.
Boom! A healthy, yummy salad perfect for any day of the week!
Now for the dressing. I’m personally not a huge fan of salad dressing but this one goes so well with the salad. And my husband and I love it! It’s a simple vinaigrette.
Made with white vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, dried oregano, salt and pepper. No need for a blender. Put into a small mason jar with a lid and shake until combined. Then pour desired amount onto your salad. Literally so good.
So enjoy this Mixed Greens Avocado Blueberry Chicken Salad and feel good eating it! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
~The Little Momma
Mixed Greens Avocado Blueberry Chicken SaladThe Little Momma
- Salad Base
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2-1 pound chicken
- Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- For Chicken
- In a small bowl, mix together italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- If chicken is not thinly sliced, thinly slice chicken breasts. Then tenderize using meat tenderizing tool.
- Season chicken with seasoning mixture.
- In a pan over medium heat, add olive and butter. Once butter is melted add chicken.
- Sear on both sides for 3-4 minutes each or until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.
- Allow to cool. Once cooled, shred chicken.
- For Vinaigrette
- In a small mason jar, add white vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, dried oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Close lid and shake until just combined.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- For Salad
- In a medium bowl, mix together mixed greens, red cabbage, avocado, blueberries and shredded chicken.
- Top with vinaigrette and enjoy!
Wife, Momma, and Author behind the food blog, The Little Momma. The best way to enjoy the everyday food and life we experience is through little hands, full bellies and happy hearts. With a background in Nutrition, I develop and revamp recipes that are easier to make for the everyday cook.