A refreshing sparkling juice made with stone fruit and pear puree for a sweet sip of summertime.
Fresh peaches, pears and apricots add a fruity sweetness to the traditionally tart lemonade. A refreshing drink which can be whipped up rather quickly to enjoy on hot summer days.
If I could pick one word to describe this peach lemonade it will be REFRESHING!!!! It is that drink you want to sip slowly on a hot summer day. Whilst sitting in the garden and soaking up some summer sunshine.
This recipe starts off with a fruit puree base. Peaches, pears, apricots are cooked with sugar and water over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until fruit is soft. The mixture is then blitzed in a blender. Chill fruit puree in fridge. Get a pitcher, fill with ice and then mix in fresh lemon juice and fruit puree. Finally top with sparkling water. Sugar can be swapped with any sweetener of your choice. A splash of rum or vodka and transform this peach, pear and apricot lemonade into a cocktail for the adults.
- 10 lemons juiced
- 3 peaches
- 3 pears
- 5 apricots
- 240 ml 1 cup water
- 200 g 1 cup sugar
- 720 m 3 cups sparkling water
- Peel peaches, pear and apricots. Pit the peaches and apricots, then cut fruit into chunks. Combine fruit chunks with 240 ml of water and sugar in a pan over medium heat.
- Leave fruits to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour fruit mixture into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Leave fruit puree in fridge to chill. Pour into a glass jug. Whisk in lemon juice and sparkling water.
- Chill in fridge and when ready serve with ice cubes.
Originally, from Ghana in West Africa, Chichi lives and works in London, Uk with her family. A sudden unusual love and passion for all things cake and baking introduced her to the world of blogging. ChiChi is the writer and photographer behind the blog Cakes By Chichi where she shares recipes, tutorials and photos of food she has made.