The perfect weeknight tacos have arrived.
Mmmm, tacos – one of lifes great wonders. I love a good fish taco, but if I want deliciously healthy tacos mid week, I’m all about minced beef. It’s quick and simple to cook and this recipe only takes 30 minutes. Amazing!
One big mistake people make when they’re cooking with minced beef is that they don’t brown it before the get into the real cooking. This makes it taste like it’s been boiled, so you can find out how to cook minced beef so it tastes amazing every time.
- 250g minced beef
- 6 tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 3 Radishes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tsp Mexican spice blend
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Lime
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C
- Take your red pepper and trim off the stem, white insides and seeds. Now slice into thin strips. Chopp the end off your spring onions and then slice thinly. Keep the green and white parts separate because you'll use them at different points.
- Slice your limes into quarters and your radishes nice and thinly.
- Halve, pit, and scoop flesh from avocado. Mash up in a bowl and mix in with 1 tbsp of the greens of your spring onions and a squeeze of lime. Now season with salt and pepper and mash again to make sure it's smooth.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Brown the meat (see method at the top of this page). Add bell pepper and cook, tossing, until softened and lightly charred, 5-6 minutes. Stir in scallion whites and cook until just softened, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and mix your mexican spice mix in.
- While your minced beef cooks, cover your tortillas in foil and cook in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven but keep wrapped until ready to serve.
- Spread your avocado mixture evenly on your tortillas, then top each with beef mixture, radishes, a dollop of sour cream, and an remaining scallion greens. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over on the side