A crisp, buttery shell holds a perfect mix of tart rhubarb with sweet mango that can be topped off with mint, whipped cream, ice cream or simply enjoyed on its own.
By Carolyng Gomes
- 2 cups rhubarb, slice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1½ tsp corn starch
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup pastry flour, whole wheat
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- ½ cup + ice water
- In a bowl combine rhubarb, sugar, mango and corn starch. Mix until fruit is evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, butter and water. Using a food processor pulse until dough begins to come together.
- Lay dough on plastic wrap and roll out into a 8X8 square. If dough is too dry add a tbsp of water at a time until it is moist and moldable.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut dough into 4 equal equal squares.
- One square at a time, place dough on top of 3-inch tart pan. Press dough down into the form and up the sides. Remove any excess and repeat process with remaining dough and tart pans (1 tart per person).
- Fill tarts equally with rhubarb/mango mixture.
- Bake tarts for 45 minutes, or until tart edges are crisp and golden.