Suprisingly enough, lemon curd or lemon butter isn’t hard to make at all.. and it makes an excellent gift.
By Lauren Tangey
There’s just something special about lemon curd.. whether it’s on artifically soft white bread, with icecream, or with fruit tarts.
- - 4 lemons
- - 250g caster sugar
- - 120g unsalted butter
- - 2 large free-range eggs
- - 3 free-range egg yolks
- - 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste
- Juice the lemons, strain away the pips and citrus jewels and place juice into a bowl. Add the sugar and butter and place the bowl over a small saucepan of boiling water.
- Stir the lemon mixture until all the sugar and butter has melted. In a mug, whisk the egg yolks, eggs and vanilla bean paste until smooth, pour into the lemon mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir the mixture continuousley over the heat until it coats the back of a wooden spoon (82*C).
- Remove the bowl from the heat and pour the curd into warm sterilized jars. Store in the fridge until use.
Food Lover. Food Blogger. Chef. Mother. Lover. Free Spirit. Ever Evolving... Lauren Tangey thinks food is exciting and not to mention versatile. It’s time to get back to basics. It’s time to get involved in the food we eat.