Spinach pecan pesto with plenty of garlic is perfect for barbecuing juicy chicken kebabs. Grab your skewers and get grilling.
By Soni Sinha
Grilled foods cannot be complete without some juicy, moist kebabs.For our weekend barbecue I made Chicken Kebabs with my Spinach Pecan Pesto and it was delicious. Spinach and Chicken go very well together and with the garlic and parmesan there are some great flavors going on in these kebabs.You can use your own favorite pesto for this recipe. I just happened to have some fresh spinach waiting to be used and always have pecans on hand.
- Chicken Breasts cubed-1 lb
- Spinach Pecan Pesto-5-6 tbsp
- Onions-1 large cubed
- Peppers-2 cubed
- Grape tomatoes-5-6
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- Whole Wheat Macaroni-1 lb
- Baby Spinach leaves-2 cups
- Pecans-1/4 cup
- Garlic cloves-2
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil-1/3 cup
- Grated Parmesan Cheese-1/3 cup
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil the macaroni according to the instructions and keep aside.
- In a pan toast the pecans on low heat until they're nicely toasted.Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- In a processor, combine the spinach,toasted pecan and garlic and pulse.With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil until the mixture is creamy.
- Transfer into a bowl and add parmesan cheese.Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken in the pesto for about 4 hours.
- Arrange the chicken,onions,peppers,grapr tomatoes on a skewer.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper all over and grill for about 7-8 minutes turning every few minutes until evenly cooked.
Soni is a recipe developer, food writer/blogger who creates recipes with a healthy Indian twist. She is a passionate cook and her recipes cater to readers who are are willing to try contemporary Indian flavors in wide ranging fusion dishes that she creates.She shares all her cooking adventures on her blog Soni's Food.