Thandai Masala is an Indian blend of nuts and spices. This version of a creamy popsicle is loaded with the blend and plenty of pistachios to top things off.
A creamy, tasty and chilled thickened milk kulfi made with exotic flavors of Thandai. What can be better to enjoy both Indian sweet and frozen dessert together?
I made this Thandai Kulfi last month when I made a few batches of the Thandai masala and used it up in few of Indian and fusion desserts. My family, especially the girls loved the chilled, flavorful and delicious kulfis and licked every last bite of it.
My little one does not know what a kulfi is so the elder sister told her it was Indian ice cream and a few days later little miss again asked me that if she can have Indian ice cream? It took me a while to understand what she was asking for in her child language.
The kulfi taste just amazing with all the rich texture and flavors goes in there. It does take a little bit time to work with the milk, the stirring and all but frankly, it’s all worth it. Once you start making your own kulfi or ice creams at home I bet you won’t like the store bought ones as much.
I mean as you know what’s and how much is going in the kulfi and you can control the amount of sugar so it’s a win-win for everybody, mommies, and kids too.
Indian-Style Thandai Masala PopsSapana Behl
- 1 liter whole milk
- 1/2 cup milk cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup thandai masala
- 2 tablespoon pistachios chopped
- In a heavy bottom, pan add milk and cream and let it start boiling on simmer.
- Keep stirring in between and cook on slow for about 30 minutes until the milk is thickened and reduced to half of the original quantity.
- Add sugar and cook for 5 minutes more and then remove it from heat. Stir in thandai masala, pistachios and let the milk cool for some time.
- Once cooled transfer the mixture into the kulfi or popsicle mold and let it set in freezer for about 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove from freezer, serve and enjoy.
I am Sapana Behl a stay at home mom of two lovely princesses,a passionate foodie and an enthusiastic food blogger.