A Raspberry Lemon Mug Cake, hot out of the microwave and topped with whipped topping, lemon curd and fresh raspberries, a perfect, quick treat.
With just a few simple ingredients, and a quick two minutes of “cooking” time in the microwave, you can make this delicious individualized dessert in a mug. Such an easy recipe for kids of all ages to make.
- 2 Tbs. butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbs. milk
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. raspberries
- ¼ tsp. chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbs. whipped topping
- 1 heaping tsp. lemon curd
- additional raspberries for garnish
- Coat inside of a 12-14 ounce microwave-safe mug with non-stick cooking spray. Add butter and microwave until butter is melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir in flour, sugar, egg yolk, milk, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Stir in raspberries, crystallized ginger (if desired) and lemon zest and microwave 2 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of mug. Timing might be different depending on the wattage of your microwave so keep an eye on it! Let stand 5 minutes.
- Top with whipped topping, lemon curd and additional raspberries.