A Raspberry Lemon Mug Cake, hot out of the microwave and topped with whipped topping, lemon curd and fresh raspberries, a perfect, quick treat.
With just a few simple ingredients, and a quick two minutes of “cooking” time in the microwave, you can make this delicious individualized dessert in a mug. Such an easy recipe for kids of all ages to make.
Personal Raspberry and Lemon Mug Cake
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. raspberries
- 1/4 tsp. chopped crystallized ginger optional
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbs. whipped topping
- 1 heaping tsp. lemon curd
- additional raspberries for garnish
- Coat inside of a 12-14 ounce microwave-safe mug with non-stick cooking spray. Add butter and microwave until butter is melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir in flour, sugar, egg yolk, milk, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Stir in raspberries, crystallized ginger (if desired) and lemon zest and microwave 2 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of mug. Timing might be different depending on the wattage of your microwave so keep an eye on it! Let stand 5 minutes.
- Top with whipped topping, lemon curd and additional raspberries.
Gwynn has been working in the culinary field for over twenty years specializing in recipe development, food styling and culinary innovation. Her food blog, Swirls of Flavor, is filled with her original, easy to make, consumer friendly recipes bursting with fresh flavors! Gwynn's greatest pleasure is creating fabulously delicious recipes and sharing them with family and friends. Make delicious memories with Gwynn's recipes and fill your home with swirls of flavor!