Turn your favorite seasonal pie into a healthy smoothie packed with vitamin A, potassium and fiber with Molly Siegler, Food Editor and classically trained chef from Whole Foods Market.
Since today is National Pumpkin Day we thought it fit to share this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie with our readers. This delectable, healthful smoothie is packed with more refueling potassium than a banana and unlike the infamous #PSL (we all cannot seem to get enough of) there is much less sugar. Personalize this smoothie with toppings of ground flax seeds or a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon. Basically fall season in a cup.Print
- Author: Molly Siegler, Food Editor at Whole Foods Market
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: Smoothie
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk or coconut milk beverage
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses and serve.
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 65
- Fat: 2.5
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Alyssa Holder is a writer specializing in food and travel topics since 2015.