Get some culinary inspiration for lunches on the go with recipes like this easy Greek salad pita.
Find colorful culinary inspiration with American Girl Cooking: Recipes for Delicious Snacks, Meals & More, the cookbook for the aspiring chef. Filled with great, easy-to-follow recipes this cookbook will inspire young emerging chefs to pick up their chef toques, their whisks and begin their adventures in the kitchen.
- 2 regular or whole-wheat pita breads
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 ?4 English cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 large plum tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives optional
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 ?4 cup Lemony Hummus or store-bought hummus
- 1 cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Stack the pita breads and cut them in half. Wrap the halves in aluminum foil. Place in the oven to warm for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, olives (if using), and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar, season with salt, and then drizzle the mixture over the salad. Using tongs, toss to combine.
- Remove the pita breads from the oven and unwrap them. Spread the inside of each pita with 1 tablespoon hummus. Add the chicken, dividing evenly. Spoon the salad inside, dividing it evenly. Serve right away.
Want to make guacamole with star chips, caprese kebabs, chicken noodle soup, tacos and more? Order American Girl Cooking: Recipes for Delicious Snacks, Meals & More, available at Amazon and Williams-Sonoma.
Alyssa is passionate about donuts, burpees, listening to the stories of the people who devote their time to fill our stomachs and exploring. She spends most of her time balancing her love for sugary, carb heavenly goods and fitness trends. She is currently working at the empowering fitness community Lucille Roberts as their Social Media Manager