PARTNER POST: Get ready to feed a holiday crowd with appetizer recipes paired perfectly with food-friendly Cavit wines.
Need a holiday appetizer that will feed a crowd? Look no further than these glazed cranberry meatballs that are paired perfectly with a red wine to kick off a party right.
One of the absolute best parts of the holiday season is the rekindling of relationships. Everyone seems to slow down during the holidays and put aside our busy lives to get back to their roots of family and friends for holiday parties filled with good cheer, food, and drink. It’s a beautiful thing and I’ve got the perfect recipe to help get you into the spirit!
Meet my Glazed Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs! The perfect foodie solution to your potluck problems! They are the epitome of sweet and salty perfection, super easy to make, and addictive. I probably popped 5-8 of them in my mouth before I was even able to plate them for the photos for the blog post. They pair perfectly with a big glass of Cavit Select Red Blend Wine, which I would know since I’m enjoying a plate/glass as I write this up! Cavit Trentino wines hail from northern Italy and make a fantastic accompaniment to any of your holiday eats. The Select Red Blend is full of rich and bold flavor that make you want to keep on sippin’ and is perfect for sharing with your loved ones as you reconnect.
For another easy holiday appetizer, try these lamb bites. Recipe here.
- 1lb ground beef
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 12 oz can jelly cranberry sauce Coupons
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, egg, and water, using your hands to mix everything thoroughly. Roll into 1½ inch balls and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, combine the ketchup, bbq sauce, jellied cranberry sauce, and brown sugar in a medium-sized pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Once the meatballs are done, add them to the cranberry mixture and let cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.