PARTNER POST: Get ready to feed a holiday crowd with appetizer recipes paired perfectly with food-friendly Cavit wines.
Take the stress out of holiday entertaining with this easy crab dip and wonton chips, and appetizer that it sure to be a hit with all your guests.
It never hurts to have a few really delicious and easy appetizers stuffed in your back pocket. This crab dip and wonton chips is my new fave! There always seem to be last minute invites or unexpected guests at this time of year, and I love to be prepared.
It’s hard to beat a hot crab dip when it comes to crowd pleasing appetizers. It’s crab and cheese, how can you go wrong. And it pairs wonderfully with Cavit wines, it is a celebration after all.
Crackers are typically used with crab dip, but I love crab and cream cheese stuffed wontons, so I made wonton chips for dipping. They’re just as easy as the dip to prepare and bake up in only 6 minutes.
I baked the dip and wonton chips at the same time, but this is also a great slow cooker dip. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, Worcestershire, lemon juice, spices and then fold in the crab. Place in a slow cooker and cook on high for 90 minutes. Garnish with green onion and serve with your chips.
For another easy holiday appetizer, try these lamb bites. Recipe here.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb lump crab meat, picked clean for shells
- green onions, minced
- for the chips -
- wonton wraps, cut into triangles ( mine was a 12 ounce package)
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- combine the cream cheese, sour cream, ¼ cup of the Parmesan, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and cayenne
- season with salt and pepper,and fold in the crab
- spoon dip into a 1 -1½ qt casserole dish, and top with the remaining Parmesan
- bake dip for 30 minutes
- place wonton triangles on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- mist with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- bake for 6 minutes
- once baked, sprinkle the crab dip with minced green onion and serve with wonton chips