PARTNER POST: Let Pomì’s premium quality, Italian tomatoes bring the fresh and healthful taste of Italy to your cooking, no matter the cuisine.
Try this simple creamy tomato chicken parmesan dinner recipe that’s hearty enough for a hungry crowd and a great comfort dish for cold winter days.
When the weather really starts dipping down I love to make simple but hearty comfort foods for dinner. I find myself craving pasta & creamy sauces. I am especially partial to tomato based sauces that evoke all sorts of fond memories of cozy dinners with family growing up. So I suppose that’s why we make lots of recipes like that through the winter months. One of my favorites is this Creamy Tomato Parmesan Chicken that’s so incredibly easy to make in just about 30 minutes and yet oh so delicious. My daughter actually said she wants us to make it several times a week. I could probably go for that.
I really like that this is a two pan dish if you serve it with pasta. You make the chicken and sauce in one large skillet and then of course, your pot for the noodles. Sometimes we forego the noodles and enjoy it over a bed a leftover white rice, which is a great way to make dinners stretch.
As you know, feeding the very best to my family is incredibly important to me. Which is why I find top quality ingredients and whenever possible we buy organic. So my “go-to” for strained and crushed tomatoes is Pomì Organic. I love that they come straight from Italy, which is fabulous & the kids always say it makes them feel fancy. I love that they pay attention to where their food comes from.
This Pomì is organic but keeps its smoothness and extraordinary flavor. It adds the fresh, natural taste of Italian tomatoes to the best recipes. Easy to use because it is so naturally good!
Looking for more great tomato recipes? Click here for Pomì’s cookbook loaded with healthy recipes.
- 4 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp minced onions
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 26oz box Pomi Organic Strained Tomatoes
- 1 26oz box Pomi Organic Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded parmesan - divided
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves - torn into smaller pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil along with the chicken breasts & sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Cook chicken over med-high heat for approx 4-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through & juices run clear
- Remove chicken & set aside
- In the same skillet, add remaining olive oil, onions, garlic, strained & chopped tomatoes, heavy cream & additional salt & pepper.
- Heat over medium until it comes to a simmer
- Stir in 1 cup of the parmesan cheese
- Add chicken back to the skillet along with spinach
- Cover & let simmer over med-low while you prepare your pasta or another side pairing (approx 10 min)
- When ready to serve, place over your pasta or rice & sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese
Gina is the author & photographer behind Kleinworth & Co. She is a homeschooling mom to 3 and devoted wife with a passion for all things creative. Gina lives in Northern Idaho but is a So Cal native & spent 12 years living in various parts of the Nevada desert. Kleinworth & Co is a creative blog where Gina shares recipes, gift ideas, crafts, simple & cost effective ways to decorate your home, creative & fun projects for the kids & photography tips. Come visit to learn, share & get inspired on a budget.