For a quick and filling dinner that celebrates the coming tomato season, make this easy pasta with a fresh tomato and red pepper sauce plus pesto chicken and plenty of parmesan.
Try this great dinner idea that consists of pasta with pesto chicken smothered in a red pepper and tomato sauce.
Dinnertime. The worst time of day for me. Even though I love my work, after a day of shooting and testing recipes for the blog or clients, I kind of just want to sit back and relax with a glass of wine.
I’m all for quick dinners. I am also all for a bowl of pasta. And pesto. And parmesan. These bowls of goodness combines some of my favorite ingredients.
- 500 gr 17 ounces or 1 pound will work macaroni
- water to boil macaroni
- handful of fresh herbs - i used mint basil and parsley
- 3 tablespoons almonds
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breast fillets flattened and cut into pieces
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1 large red pepper
- 4 ripe tomatoes blanched and chopped
- 2 birds eye chili - finely chopped
- parmesan to serve
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions, or until al dente.
- While the macaroni is cooking, place the herbs, almonds, parmesan and garlic in a pestle and mortar and grind until you have a paste. Add olive oil to smooth it out. Set aside.
- Next, heat the butter in a saucepan and brown the chicken fillets until done. Season.
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl and cover with fresh pesto. Set aside.
- Next, cut the pepper into pieces and grill in the oven until roasted.
- Transfer the roasted peppers and blanched tomatoes with the chili in a small saucepan and simmer for a few minutes. Blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine the macaroni with pesto chicken and smother in red pepper and tomato sauce.
- Serve with parmesan.
Having a dynamic, free and crazy personality, this shows in my cooking. I love sharing whole food recipes, honest food with easy accessible ingredients and mouthwatering photos. I am a recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer and owner of Aninas-recipes.com, my personal food and recipe portal.