Since the season of winter is still going on, having ginger tea on a regular basis is a sure shot strategy to stay healthy.
By Nandita Nataraj
- Milk- 2 cups
- Tea leaves- 3 tsp
- Ginger- ½" piece
- Cardamom- 3 pieces
- Sugar- 2tsp or to taste
- Crush the ginger and cardamom into a coarse paste in a mortar and pestle and set aside
- Heat milk in a vessel. Once it starts to bubble, add the crushed ginger and cardamom and boil the mixture for two minutes
- Add the tea leaves and sugar and allow the mixture to simmer for 5min.
- Strain the tea and discard the tea leaves, ginger and cardamom.
- Serve hot with crackers or biscuits of your choice!!
Nandita was born, bred and spread in India, but right now lives in Tanzania where her quest for simple and exotic pleasures of food led to the creation of the blog Paaka-Shaale. She believes that food is not just a means to feed a body. But it is also meant to appeal the mind and satiate the soul.