This wonderful dish is both light, delicious and awfully simple to make, if you follow this recipe.
By Priya Mahadevan
- 2- 3 medium sized fresh Zucchinis
- ⅓ cup of greek yogurt (I recommend Fage)
- 3 tbps of mascarpone ( entirely optional) Can be substituted with more greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of Miscuglio (a fine blend of italian herbs and spices)
- Tomato Sauce - We made ours with diced tomatoes, garlic and some red chilies and italian herbs
- ⅔ cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese for topping before baking
- Olive oil for brushing
- Bread crumbs for sprinkling
- Set oven to 400
- On the slicer side of the grater, make long thin strips of the Zucchini
- Arrange on a baking pan and gently brush with olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes
- In the meanwhile, prepare your baking dish
- Add the tomato sauce to the bottom of the dish and keep
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt and the mascarpone together along with the Muscuglio.
- Remove Zucchini from oven and let cool for a few minutes (else the yogurt will get liquify in the heat)
- Once cooled, add a tsp of he yogurt mix to one end of the strip and roll the zucchini as shown in the pictures
- Once all of them are made
- Place gingerly on the tomato sauce in baking dish
- Top with the smallest amount of break crumbs
- Add the grated cheese over the rolls
- Bake again at 400 for about 15 minutes
Priya Mahadevan is a writer and food blogger with a background in journalism & communication. Priya's mission with her food blog is to blow the myth that healthy cannot be tasty. She was a political and feature correspondent for a prominent Indian newspaper in the 90s before moving to the US. She lives in Virginia with her husband and 3 beautiful children. You can find her world of vegetarian recipes at http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com.