Simplicity rules! This incredibly simple garlic bread can be served with soups, au gratin, pasta or just enjoyed instantly.
By Prathima Rao
- Few slices bread (preferably brown for a healthier version)
- A light sprinkling of oregano
- Soften butter (room temp).
- Peel and finely chop garlic.
- In a bowl mix together butter and garlic. Crush garlic slightly to let its flavour mix with the butter. Add Oregano.
- Spread this garlic-butter over both sides of bread slices and toast on a nonstick pan. You may also grill them or toast in an oven.
- Best served warm.
Born and brought up in South India amongst hard core food enthusiasts. Cooking and food has always been a part of Prathima’s growing years with every family gathering accompanied by a scrumptious and elaborate meal. Now, traditional vegetarian food of her community has paved way to contemporary and quicker dishes.