PARTNER POST – Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.
This chicken Stromboli comes together in less than an hour, making it a perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner option. Fill with jalapeño Havarti and top with avocado and salsa.
By Chris Cockren
Let me tell you, there are few things more peaceful then whipping up some delicious grub at 8am while the wife is sleeping! Yes, I ate this for breakfast. No, I’m not ashamed. It was delicious, and I enjoyed every moment.
So lets talk cheese. This Castello Jalapeño Havarti cheese is creamy and has awesome meltability. And yea, the kick of heat is totally up my alley. What can I say, I’m a sucker for anything Southwest/Tex-Mex/Mexican.
Castello also makes a few other Havarti flavors you should totally check out, like Dill, Wild Garlic, Caraway, and Herbs & Spices. Oh, and there’s an Aged Havarti as well, which you may remember I used in those little addictive Havarti, Pear, and Walnut Puff Pastry Bites.
- 1 store-bough pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños
- 1 cup shredded Castello Jalapeño Havarti Cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add red bell pepper and red onion, season generously with salt, and cook about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften but still have a little crunch. Add chicken, frozen corn, black beans, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Stir to combine and cook until everything is warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Roll out pizza dough pretty thin into a large rectangle-like shape and lay flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Scoop filling in a line down the middle of the pizza dough (leaving a little blank gap at either end) and top with pickled jalapeños and shredded cheese. Feel free to use more cheese if desired. Just like if you were making a burrito, bring the sides of the pizza dough together in the middle, overlapping to create a seal. Pinch either end and season top of dough with Kosher salt.
- Cook in oven until crust is cooked through and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, cut into slices and serve with sliced avocado, salsa, and sour cream.
Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.
Chris is a New York based food blogger that loves bringing friends and family together through food. On his blog, Shared Appetite, Chris chronicles his culinary adventures of eating his way in and around NYC, as well as cooking and entertaining at home.