A splash of gin would take this drink from refreshing beverage to summery cocktail.
By Rachel Crawford
- 1 cucumber
- 1½ limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- Ice cubes
- seltzer or gin (optional)
- Peel, seed and chop cucumber and blend it in a food processor.
- Add the simple syrup and lime juice
- Add water and ice cubes and blend until smooth
- Strain into a glass and top with seltzer and/or gin.
Rachel is a lover of vegetables and an avid home cook. She has catered parties, participated in cook-offs, hosted elaborate supper clubs, and volunteered with Slow Food teaching elementary school kids about seasonal food and how to cook. Recently, she left her full-time job as a branding consultant to spend more time in the kitchen. Her personal blog, madeweekly.tumblr.com, focuses on one seasonal ingredient every week, with a new recipe each day. She can also be found on kitchensurfing.com, a new site that allows anyone to search for and hire personal chefs online. Rachel studied acting at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, and has lived in New York, NY for almost 12 years, which means she can officially call herself a New Yorker.