These sweet treats are naturally gluten free and bursting with flavor – the perfect party bites.
By Sarah Platanitis
- 12 Medjool dates
- 36 salted roasted almonds
- ¾ c. bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp finely grated orange peel
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- Toss 24 almonds with orange peel, honey, and spices in a small bowl.
- Remove pits and insert two spice-coated almonds inside each date. Set aside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave-safe bowl until stirrable. Dip each date into melted chocolate and shake excess. Place on paper. Repeat until done. Sprinkle remaining orange peel over chocolate-dipped dates.
- Dip plain almond halfway into chocolate and place atop each date. Chill until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
Sarah grew up a “restaurant kid” and spent most of her childhood pretending to be Julia Child. Her blog (sarahinthekitchen.com) is a place for kitchen musings and her food writing, photography and illustrations.