Take devilishly rich chocolate brownies and top with a swirled chocolate and cookie butter frosting for an outrageously delicious dessert.
By Amanda Koh
I’ve never really thought to eat biscoff with anything other than white bread. Because seriously, does cookie butter even need any embellishment? I was curious as to what else would go well with the cookie butter so I decided to experiment with chocolate for starters. And I think we can all agree that there is no baked good that could be a better embodiment of chocolate than the darkest fudgiest brownie.
I turned to my trusty cocoa brownie recipe by Alice Medrich. The brownies that this recipe yields have the texture and density of pure fudge when done right. I can bet you a brownie that even the most hardcore chocolate freaks would be satisfied with two squares because they are downright devilish.
The cookie butter stars in the brownie equation in the form of frosting thickly slathered on top.
You can find the recipe for the brownies here. The delicious cookie butter frosting recipe is below.
- See the link to the brownie recipe above
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup cookie butter spread
- ¾ cup icing sugar, sifted
- ½ to 1 tbsp milk or heavy cream
- around 50g chocolate, melted (1.7 ounces)
- Bake the brownies and let them cool completely.
- Beat the butter and cookie butter spread together until combined. Add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add milk or heavy cream as needed to adjust the consistency of the frosting.
- Spread the frosting evenly on the surface of the cooled brownie slab. Place small dots of chocolate on top of the frosting, spacing them about ½ inch apart. Use the back of a spoon to swirl the frosting and chocolate.
After successfully producing her first batch of chocolate chip cookies at the age of twelve, Amanda has since become a baking fanatic. She likes to make a variety of desserts and documents them on her blog, Crumbs and Cookies. While eating the final product is usually the best part about baking, she secretly finds the process even more fun. You may also find her on Instagram @carramellatte and Pinterest @crumbsxcookies.