This dairy-free dessert is delicious served as a parfait or can even be used as a creamy pie filling.
By Robin Runner
With busy spring days in mind, I created a five minute or less dessert recipe. Eat it on its own, put it in pie, use it as a filling, it’s divine! Plus, I love desserts that are actually good for you. This recipe is packed with protein.
- 1 package of firm or silken tofu (I do prefer Nasoya firm) – drained
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of almond or peanut butter (I always use Justin’s)
- ¼ cup of Silk cashew milk
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips (Be sure to use Vegan chocolate, if necessary)
- Place all of your ingredients into a high powered blender and blend on the highest speed until creamy.
- If you need additional cashew milk, add a tiny amount and blend – repeat until you achieve a pudding texture.
- Spoon into ramekins or fun dishes and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour or more. You can also use this as a raw pie filling. Fill your crust and freeze until serving.