Ever inspired by French pastries, Tamara Novakoviç gives us another delicious chocolate recipe: dark chocolate paired with red wine.
By Tamara Novakoviç
Ever inspired by French pastries, I am giving you another delicious chocolate recipe: dark chocolate paired with red wine. This is, in my opinion, perfection. Please, please use good quality chocolate and great quality wine!
- 7.9 oz (225 g) dark chocolate (70 % cocoa)
- 0.3 cup (85 ml) heavy cream
- 0.2 cup (50 ml) red wine
- 1 tsp butter
- pinch of salt
- cocoa powder
- Combine heavy cream with red wine and heat over medium heat. Remove just before the boiling point. Add chopped chocolate, stir to combine. Add a pinch of salt and butter, stir. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Take pieces of mixture and roll them into loosely shaped balls. Roll into cocoa powder.
- Keep in fridge, but serve at room temperature.
Tamara Novakovic is a passionate self-taught cook, food blogger, freelance food writer and photographer behind bite-my-cake.blogspot.com. Her life journey has led her through Faculty of Humanities in Zagreb, Croatia to discovering passion for making cakes. She is currently a weekly food columnist for Croatian newspaper V magazine and food magazine Repete.