Sharjah Shake: Banana shake is known as Sharjah Shake here in Kerala. It is one of the most common shake that we get in ice cream parlors across the state.
By Nisa Homey
- Frozen milk packet: 500 ml, I used pasteurized milk.
- Peanuts: About 100 gms, I used store brought salted and lightly toasted peanuts.
- Sugar: 3 heaped tbsp.
- Banana: 1 (I used 2 small njalipoovan pazham (plantains); which is commonly available here).
- Horlicks: 2 heaped tbsp.
- Instant coffee: ¼ tsp.
- Vanilla Ice cream: 1 generous scoop.
- Coarsely crumble the salted peanuts. And mash up the frozen milk. Into the blender, add the banana. Two tablespoon of salted peanuts. Half the packet of frozen milk. Add 3 tbsp of sugar. Grab your Horlicks bottle...or even Boost or Bournvita will do... Add the rest of the frozen milk and then dunk in 2 tbsp of Horlicks powder.
- A dash of instant coffee, I used Nescafe....about ¼ tsp. And blend, for a minute or twoNow to assemble this gorgeous chiller.
- Into a tall glass, drop in some salted peanuts.
- Then pour the banana milk shake into it...do not fill up to the brim..just below it.....then again add some salted peanuts...yes!! salted!!...it makes all the difference.
- Now the best part, a generous scoop of ice cream on top....and again some salted peanuts....and sprinkle some instant coffee powder...(do the same with 3 more glasses...)
- Presenting the yummy Sharjah Shake a.k.a Banana (peanut) Milk Shake..
Nisa Homey is a lawyer by profession, now a full time stay-at-home mom. Cooking is Nisa's passion but blogging about food just happened. Nisa loves cooking for her family and kids, and her focus is to let everyone know just how easy cooking can actually be.