Crispy Baja Fish Tacos are topped with lots of veggies and drizzles with a creamy lime sauce. A perfect Tex-Mex meal.
It’s been forever and a day since we’ve set foot in our favorite little San Diego style taco hangouts. So many scrumptious hole-in-the-wall eateries.
I absolutely took my proximity to such tasty establishments for granted. #excalifornian
These days we whip up our own crispy Baja fish tacos with creamy lime sauce.
The fish is tender and perfectly crispy with a light batter. The zesty lime sauce is a dreamy covering for fish tacos – tastes just like I remember back in SD.
The fixings are like cherries on a sundae. Plenty of crunchy veggies, tomatoes, salsa, Chunky Guacamole if you like (who doesn’t like,) cilantro, and extra lime. Never forget the extra squeeze of lime.
Baja Fish TacosAmy Dong
For Creamy Lime Sauce:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 sprigs fresh dill
- ½ tsp to 1 tsp cayenne to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground black papper to taste
For Fish Tacos:
- 1 Recipe for Beer Battered Fish click the link above
- Homemade tortillas or 1 package tortillas corn or flour are both good
- ½ head romaine lettuce shredded
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes diced
- cilantro for garnish
- Garnish suggestions: sliced avocado AuthenticChunky Guacamole, lime slices
- Make Creamy Lime Sauce: Mix together yogurt and mayo. Stir in lime juice. Stir in cumin, dill, and cayenne. If desired, add dash of salt and black pepper to taste. Set sauce in fridge (make ahead for flavors to meld.)
- Follow directions for Beer Battered Fish. (Click the link above)
- Warm up tortillas to soften. Assemble fish tacos, with desired garnishes and creamy sauce while fish is crispy and hot!
Welcome to our kitchen! Here is the place where you'll find an ever-growing collection of all things yum. We're an active, hyper-busy family of six (including Miss Dog) -- we get how hard it is to put delicious 'n healthy food on the table every night! We do the recipe testing so your family will love what you dish up, and your friends will be begging for your recipes. Come on over and let's get cooking!