Use up the rest of the season’s zucchini in this spiralized dish served with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, bacon and basil.
Recipe by Daniel Green
Peter Cassidy Copyright © 2016
Bacon Zucchini Noodles with Basil
- 4 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices Canadian bacon trimmed of all fat and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil drained and sliced into strips
- 1 small red chile finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- A handful of fresh basil thinly shredded
- Make your spaghetti by either grating the zucchini at an angle on the largest side of a cheese grater or using a hand-held julienne peeler or spiralizer.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat and stir-fry the zucchini for 3 minutes. Add the bacon to the pan and sauté for a few minutes until cooked. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, chile, pine nuts, and the remaining olive oil to the pan. Toss for a few minutes, then take off the heat.
- Divide the spaghetti between four bowls, sprinkle with the basil, and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Paleo Monday to Friday © 2016 by Daniel Green, Kyle Books
This article has been posted with permission and originally appeared as, “Zucchini Noodles with Bacon and Basil” on Relish.
Offering more than 14,000 recipes plus features and DIYs on cooking, dining and entertaining, Relish celebrates America's love of food. Relish is about honoring cooking traditions while exploring new trends and ideas, which is why millions of people turn to both Relish.com and Relish Magazine for special occasion recipes, quick and easy weeknight suppers and culinary adventures.