Rich chocolate brownies with a coconut and almond filling, covered in a chocolate ganache.
By Angie Wright
To make these super easy I used my last tried and true Ghirardelli brownies and added a creamy layer of coconut filling
topped with roasted almonds.
Then covered the whole thing in chocolate ganache.
You could certainly use your favorite brownie base like this recipe or if you have a mix lying around taunting you from the pantry, why not?
- Favorite brownie batter recipe, prepared as directed
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Roasted almonds
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and cool the brownies. I used a 9 inch square pan
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine the condensed milk and coconut. Slowly add the powdered sugar on low speed.
- Spread the coconut mixture over the brownies. Wet fingers work best!
- Top with almonds.
- Heat the cream and butter over low-medium heat. Add the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is fully melted. Cool slightly.
- Pour the chocolate over the coconut and almonds. Cover and refrigerate.
It’s no surprise to most that Angie loves cake. In fact, she has labeled most Friday’s around her home Cake Friday. She have three built in taste testers, my husband and two kids. She resides in Northern BC and loves to travel, trying new recipes, and baking. She may not be an expert on everything cake, but she knows a lot and has the extra ten pounds to prove it.