We’ll eat anything made by a Hepburn.
Mark Boughton Photography / styling: Teresa Blackburn
For a complete menu featuring Katharine Hepburn’s Brownies, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
This article has been posted with permission and originally appeared as, “Katharine Hepburn’s Brownies” on Relish.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 2 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour and salt. Stir in walnuts, if using.
- Bake about 40 minutes. Let cool and cut into 2-inch squares.
Offering more than 14,000 recipes plus features and DIYs on cooking, dining and entertaining, Relish celebrates America's love of food. Relish is about honoring cooking traditions while exploring new trends and ideas, which is why millions of people turn to both Relish.com and Relish Magazine for special occasion recipes, quick and easy weeknight suppers and culinary adventures.