We’ll eat anything made by a Hepburn.
Mark Boughton Photography / styling: Teresa Blackburn
For a complete menu featuring Katharine Hepburn’s Brownies, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
This article has been posted with permission and originally appeared as, “Katharine Hepburn’s Brownies” on Relish.
- ½cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼cup all-purpose flour
- ¼teaspoon salt
- 1cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour and salt. Stir in walnuts, if using.
- Bake about 40 minutes. Let cool and cut into 2-inch squares.