PARTNER POST: Discover how delicious dairy-free sweet and savory cooking can be with DREAM Ultimate Almond.
This vibrant purple smoothie is made without dairy, loaded with fiber from almonds, bananas, oats and blueberries and sweetened with honey.
These Blueberry Almond Oatmeal Smoothies make a quick, filling, and satisfying breakfast. They’re full of fruit, fiber, and packed with protein so they’ll keep you full for hours.
These smoothies have 10 grams of protein per serving, which is a lot for a smoothie that doesn’t contain any protein powder. That’s right, all the protein is plant-based protein from Dream Boosted Almond or Coconut beverage; which is a superfood nut-based beverage that’s also dairy-free, lactose-free, and gluten-free.
In this smoothie, I used Dream Boosted Almond beverage but it’s also available in coconut (both can be found at Whole Foods and will soon be in Sprouts Farmers Market Stores). Not only does each serving contain 10g of protein, it’s also got 1300mg of omega 3-ALA fatty acids plus antioxidant vitamins A, C and E. Fantastic way to start your day.
I’m a big fan of the blueberry almond combo, as witnessed by my blueberry crumb muffins, blueberry almond muffins, blueberry coffee cake, AND grain free blueberry muffins. I just can’t get enough of that flavor combo!
Another thing I love about this smoothie, aside from the taste, is that color! G-O- R-G- E-O- U-S.
The new DREAM Ultimate Almond beverage can be found now at Whole Foods and soon at your local Sprouts. Click here for a coupon.
For more inspiration, check out this grilled Caesar salad with a dairy-free dressing:
- ¼ C gluten free oats
- 1 C Dream Boosted Almond Beverage
- 1-2 Tbsp honey (or to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- ½ C frozen blueberries
- Add the gluten free oats to a blender canister and blend until they become a fine powder. Add the almond milk beverage, honey, vanilla, almond extract, banana, and blueberries. Blend for 1 minute or until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately or let it sit for a bit. The smoothie will thicken up a bit from the oats when it sits for a while.