Every smoothie does not have to taste like banana. Find this berry version full of antioxidants and a touch of spinach and creamy coconut milk. Start your day off right!
I always make better choices if I start my day off well, like with this berry and chia detox smoothie. The berries are full of antioxidants, the honey gives you a boost of energy and helps cleanse your liver. The ginger promotes energy circulation & the chi seeds keep you full & support brain health! Lemons are a natural diuretic and help the body to flush fluids. If you are brave, try adding the whole lemon to your smoothie. I think I might next time! With all the sweet berries, I really don’t think it would be too tart.
I like that this recipe has no banana. Nothing against bananas but it’s nice to have a smoothie without one every now and again. I also like that it has lemon juice and ginger in it.
- 4-5 frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup almond/coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- juice from ½ lemon or ½ lemon peeled & seeds taken out
- large handful of baby spinach/kale mix (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a blender (except the chia seeds) and blend till smooth.
- Stir in the chia seeds.