Looking for a healthier and more flavorful take on the classic mashed potatoes? Try using a good olive oil and a Tuscan herb paste for flavoring.
By Kalle Bergman
- ½ cup Carapelli Premium 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 each 90 ct potatoes - peeled and cut in half
- ½ cup Tuscan herb paste - See recipe
- 8 fluid ounces heavy cream—warmed
- ⅜-teaspoon white pepper
- 1½ tablespoons kosher salt
- ¾ cup Carapelli Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil
- 1 cup Carapelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2½ ounces fresh basil – picked
- 1 ounce fresh rosemary – picked
- ½ cup Italian parsley - picked and packed into cup
- ½ ounce fresh thyme – picked
- 1 ounce fresh sage – picked
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Blend herbs and crushed red pepper with Carapelli Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil using a blender or food processor, then stir in extra virgin olive oil.
- Boil potatoes in salted water. When cooked tender, mash potatoes.
- Mix salt and pepper with Tuscan Herb Paste, Carapelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and warmed heavy cream. Fold into potatoes.
Kalle Bergman is a food writer and media entrepreneur who is the founder of Honest Cooking. As a food writer, his writing has been regularly featured in publications like Gourmet, Los Angeles Times, Huffington Post and Serious Eats. He is obsessed with simple food, more often than not from his native Scandinavia.